|Position Description:||This position will serve as a strategic HR partner to assigned units within the College. They will work with the CHRO to create a client focused approach to human resources by partnering with units on a broad range of HR initiatives and activities including, but not limited to, talent management, recruitment, retention, compensation, learning/development, employee/labor relations, and policy development. The HR Partner will need to coordinate with members of the HR team to effectuate the talent goals of the institution.|
Primary Job Duties:
1. Works with assigned units and stakeholders within HR to develop solutions based talent strategies (e.g. retention strategies, succession, organizational design/workforce planning). Consults with the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) on the talent related challenges and needs of client groups to ensure alignment of talent projects with institutional imperatives and strategic priorities.
2. Supports assigned units with recruitment strategies and hiring practices that will attract diverse, qualified talent.
3. Consults with employees and supervisors in assigned units to proactively and creatively resolve employee relations matters and to problem solve issues so that they do not escalate into problems.
4. Partners with management on labor relations issues within assigned units in a collaborative manner and in compliance with the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement(s).
5. Partners with stakeholders both within the client group(s) and human resources to plan, develop, and deliver learning and development initiatives that are aligned with the College’s mission and values.
6. Works with client groups to assess and address compensation and benefits issues in partnership with the human resources functional specialists.
7. In collaboration with key stakeholders, supports the creation and implementation of HR policies, practices, and processes that are compliant, effective, and efficient with a focus on the overall employment experience.
8. Provides support to managers and supervisors in assigned client groups with respect to employee performance management and coaching.
9. Evaluates employment and talent related metrics and data to support data driven decisions related to the management of the workforce.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, participating in cross functional human resources projects as assigned based on annualized goals or departmental needs.
Organizational Relationships and Resource Management:
The Assistant Director, HR Partner will report directly to this position. Additionally, the Associate Director will need to maintain positive relationships with all members of the HR Team and will need to collaborate on a daily basis with HR specialty areas such as benefits, compensation, recruitment, and compliance. In order to be successful in this position they will need to cultivate relationships of trust and respect with stakeholders at all levels across campus. Must be able to seamlessly navigate shifting priorities and have the ability to balance demands across multiple constituencies.
A Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively complex human resources experience as part of a functional HR team is required. Must have demonstrable experience in at least two of the following areas: Recruitment, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Talent Management, Diversity/Inclusion, Learning/Development, Compensation, Benefits, and/or organizational development. Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations required.
Must be able to lead through collaboration and influence. Must be able to make decisions and provide advice on a wide range of HR related matters over the course of the employee talent life cycle (from recruitment to exit). These matters will range from tactical to strategic, and will range in impact and complexity. These matters, in some cases, will directly impact the organizational design, college culture, and/or employment relationship.
Required Competencies: Must be able to communicate effectively, genuinely, and empathetically, in all channels, to stakeholders at all levels; must be comfortable presenting to large audiences. Strong collaboration skills are required in order to be successful in this position. Must be able to formulate creative solutions to complex problems and exercise sound analytical skills while applying good judgment. The ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner is critical. Strong aptitude for leading, influencing, and managing change is required.
A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
Prior leadership experience is strongly preferred as this position will have management responsibility.
To be considered for this position, please fill out an online application and attach the following documents: cover letter, resume and list of three references to include name, title, company, email address and telephone number of three professional references.
Documents must be attached through the application system. If you encounter difficulty, please contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 518 580.5800