|Position Description:||Human Resources Business Partner, R18347C|
The Office of Human Resources is seeking qualified candidates to fill two (2) Human Resources Business Partner positions.
The Human Resource Business Partner will provide guidance and consultation in any, some or all of the following human resources functional areas: recruitment, classification, compensation, employee/labor relations, grievances, affirmative action, training and development, performance management, program and policy development, organizational analysis, interpretation and application of laws, rules, policies, and/or other functions relating to human resources management.
Serve as a skilled, experienced, human resource professional. Responsible for resolving complex human resource issues. Plans and carries out work independently, utilizing knowledge of laws, policies and regulations. Responsible for prioritizing and managing issues within designated area of responsibility. Maintain and ensure a confidential environment at all times.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE:
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Competitive salary is within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Behavioral Science or closely related field. Any combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Three years of progressively responsible professional-level human resource experience.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
• Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Experience interpreting and applying laws, rules, policies and procedures.
• Ability to interact with large groups and individuals at all work levels.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
• Demonstrated success in fostering internal and external community relationships
• Commitment to pluralism with the ability to advocate for it on campus and work as a team member on a campus committed to inclusion.
• A record showing commitment to customer service and the application of appropriate flexibility in response to issues and opposing points of view is required.
• Commitment to pluralism and the ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace and educational environment.
• Flexibility of schedule and willingness to work select evenings and/or weekends
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications received by 05/30/19 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
To apply, go to https://apptrkr.com/1460332 and review the fully job announcement, and required documents.