|Position Description:||SWARTHMORE COLLEGE|
DIRECTOR OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND DEPUTY TITLE IX COORDINATOR
Swarthmore College, located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, seeks an innovative and visionary leader for the position of Director of Equal Opportunity and Deputy Title IX Coordinator (Director). Reporting to the Vice President for Human Resources, the Director has two direct reports and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of community relations and matters involving equal opportunity policy and practices consistent with relevant governmental statutes and regulations and Swarthmore College values. The Director facilitates the resolution processes for grievances that may arise in the community. The position supports the College’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, in partnership with key leaders and serves as the subject matter expert on the development and delivery of programs working collaboratively and proactively across constituents. To be successful in this role, the Director will need to partner with departments to support inclusive recruitment efforts, to help campus community members to understand College policies and best practices by providing consistent, accurate, and reliable training, education, and communication.
In addition, the Director serves as the Deputy Title IX Coordinator. In collaboration with the Title IX Team, the Director will investigate complaints and coordinate the Title IX staff process, including mediation and resolution.
The Director also leads the talent management and development team in strategic recruitment, retention, employee engagement and professional development initiatives to cultivate and retain a diverse and talented workforce. The Director is a member of the HR Leadership Team and assists in the creation and execution of the HR strategy.
The ideal candidate will have progressive leadership experience in the areas of diversity and inclusion, equal opportunity policy and practices, title IX, talent management, and team development.
The Director will demonstrate evidence of many of the following qualities:
• Deep understanding of and passion for the work of diversity and inclusion, equal opportunity, talent management and team development;
• A successful record of strong leadership and excellence in related areas;
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and guidelines related to affirmative action and civil rights enforcement;
• Experienced mediator with well-developed conflict resolution skills who has the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, conduct complaint investigations and perform data analysis that demonstrates best practice processes and procedures of the various equal opportunity employment and education regulatory agencies;
• Ability to lead with both a decisive and consultative style, foster open communications, and proactively build positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, and diverse constituencies;
• Experience working collaboratively and effectively with various constituencies while achieving the goals and mission of the College;
• Well-organized and self-directed individual who exhibits a high level of integrity that inspires trust and confidence;
• A team player who contributes meaningful ideas, is adept at problem solving and improving processes;
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline is required, and an Advanced degree preferred; and
• Prior experience in higher education or similar setting, knowledge of Banner or HRIS programs and PHR/SPHR Certification is desirable.
This search is being led by Mo Lashendock and supported by Josyanne Roche of Koya Leadership Partners. To express your interest in this role, please submit your materials, including your letter of interest and resume here https://ats.k2-app.com/talent-profile?jobId=1805. For a full position profile, please click here https://youtu.be/ZcJjMnHoIBI. Inquires and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Swarthmore actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.