|Position Description:||San Francisco State University invites nominations, expressions of interest and applications for the position of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources.|
San Francisco State University (SF State) is a progressive university located in the heart of San Francisco for over 100 years. With about 30,000 students, SF State is nationally recognized for its commitment to the community and towards diversity of ideas. SF State holds the distinction as being one of only 62 colleges and universities nationwide to receive the Carnegie Foundation’s Community Engagement, Outreach and Partnership classification, recognizing SF State’s dedication to engagement.
Reporting to the Vice President of Administration and Finance/CFO, the new Associate Vice President of Human Resources provides innovative strategic leadership for the planning and implementation of client-focused human resources services for faculty, staff, and student employees of SF State. As a trusted advisor to the VP-CFO and campus leadership, the AVP-HR provides guidance on a broad range of operational and strategic initiatives and priorities. The AVP-HR oversees a budget of $3.6 million and a staff of approximately 45. Other responsibilities include oversight and coordination of Equal Opportunity programs (non-faculty), non-academic HR-related litigation, and HR compliance. The AVP-HR represents SF State and Administration and Finance (AF) on a variety of California State University (CSU) system and campus wide committees. In addition, HR provides training and development for supervisors and managers in the areas of performance management and work-related professional development.
• Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or in a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive leadership experience resulting in comprehensive knowledge of human resources operations, programs, technology, and service delivery in a complex, highly decentralized organizational setting is required.
• Experience leading the implementation of human resources technology platforms, payroll administration, competitive employment, and compensation practices.
• Critical thinker who is a proven leader capable of developing and implementing innovative programs and initiatives that align with the university’s mission.
• A thought leader who embraces and advances equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
For more information on this search, please visit www.wittkieffer.com.
Please direct all formal applications including resumes and cover letters as well as nominations and inquiries to Ben Haden, Julia Venetos, and Zachary A. Smith, Ph.D., the Witt/Kieffer consultants supporting this search, preferably via e-mail to SFSU-AVPHR@wittkieffer.com. For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by July 15. Questions may also be directed to the consultants through the office of Ben Haden at 541.414.6660.
The San Francisco State University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.