|Position Description:||Oregon Tech, the premier polytechnic university in the Pacific Northwest with programs spanning engineering, allied health, business and applied social sciences is searching for an innovative and forward looking head of human resources. The Associate Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for providing vision, leadership, integrative management, and strategic direction for the University’s human resources functions, and administers a wide range of human resources programs for college faculty and staff including employee and labor relations, classification and compensation, employment policy, recruitment and selection, benefits, workers compensation, employee training and development, and personnel records and information systems. Oregon Tech’s faculty recently organized, and this position will play a key role in negotiating the first CBA.|
This position reports directly to the President, and is responsible for overall HR administration including budget planning and management, setting goals and objectives, staff assignments and organizations, and direct supervision of office administrative staff across a growing institution with locations in Klamath Falls, the Portland metro area, Salem, and Seattle.
This position designs, recommends and implements human resources strategy and policy at the highest level and serves as the University’s senior spokesperson on issues related to employment issues. This position is based in Klamath Falls, Oregon, and offers a high-desert climate, abundant outdoor activities, and small-town quality of life. https://www.discoverklamath.com/
This position’s primary responsibilities include;
• Establishing overall leadership, strategic direction and operational management of Oregon Tech’s human resources functions. Focus on change management and cultivating a service oriented human resources culture.
• Collaborating with organized labor and unrepresented employees to create a human resources environment that provides the institution with a sustainable, competitive advantage.
• Identifying, spearheading and negotiating opportunities to attract world class talent to a growing institution.
• Expanding human resources expertise throughout the university to support the institution’s unique mix of engineering, healthcare and applied business and social science programs.
• Implementing and overseeing the institution’s employment, affirmative action, diversity and compliance policies, in a decentralized yet highly-regulated academic environment.
This position is responsible for overall administration of Human Resources including budget planning and management, setting goals and departmental objectives, staff assignments and organizations, and direct supervision of office administrative staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Administration or relevant discipline.
Eight (8) years relevant and increasingly responsible experience managing and implementing multi-faceted HR functions including supervisory experience, of which, three (3) years must have been in an institution of higher education.
Experience managing teams.
Experience in complex organization working with leadership in the development and implementation of effective HR strategy to meet the organization’s goals.
Experience managing HR functions in a union environment.
Experience conducting workplace investigations.
Salary range is anticipated to be $90,000 to $125,000, depending on experience. Exceptionally well qualified candidates may negotiate beyond the anticipated range.
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Vets/ADA employer.