Dec 13, 2019
Jan 24, 2020
Pratt Institute is searching for an experienced Leave Administrator to join their growing HR team. The Leave Administrator position is responsible for administering and maintaining all employee leaves and ensuring compliance with all state/federal leave laws in coordination with related institution benefits and leave policies. The position is responsible for processing leaves, reviewing medical certifications, and advising employees and their managers on leave options, rights and responsibilities, benefits and compensation, and required communication while on leave. The position monitors time and attendance entries and serves as a resource for questions regarding time off policies. This position works closely with the HRIS Manager and the Benefits Coordinator and reports to the Assistant Director of Benefits Administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Administers the company's disability and leaves of absence and ensures quality vendor service management and ongoing reporting and analysis
• Create and maintain solid operational processes and practices to ensure compliance and consistency in the execution and administration of leaves of absence
• Assists employees with medical and non-medical leaves and responds to employee inquiries in a timely and thorough manner
• Maintains detailed knowledge of disability programs and leaves of absence and answers employee inquiries pertaining to programs, processes, procedures and communications
• Monitors and tracks critical dates in the leave cycle and communicate with employee and manager as appropriate
• Protects confidentiality of employee medical information in accordance with HIPAA regulations
• Inputs leave information in HRIS database and audit reports to ensure the system is accurate and up-to-date
• Collaborates with payroll and vendors on administration, reporting and analysis
• Tracks reimbursements from Worker's Compensation
• Assists in the development and ongoing maintenance of processes and procedures to improve upon the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of the function
• Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws (e.g., FMLA, NY Paid Family Leave, Worker's Compensation, disability, etc.)
• Works with HRIS Manager to verify time and attendance records are accurate
• Responds to questions about time sheets, accruals, manager approvals, overtime, or related matters and investigates any problems that arise
• Routinely audits time and attendance records and proactively alerts managers or other stakeholders about potential issues
• Conducts ad hoc analysis and reporting and other duties as required
Education: Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience required
Experience: 3 - 4 years of leave administration experience, experience with employee benefits preferred. Higher education experience, SHRM, HRCI or CEBs certification a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, NYPFL, ADA, and other applicable laws
• Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with Kronos systems, knowledge of Workforce Ready a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
• Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague HRIS a plus
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/t89b4t8mcytyxgq8