|Position Description:||Requisition ID: req564|
Department: Human Resources Management
Campus: DC-Downtown Center
Employment Type: Administrative-Full Time
Best Consideration Date
Apply Immediately; this requisition will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
We invite you to join our team of highly experienced professionals engaged in supporting employees, coaching and partnering with managers and protecting our College from risk. PCC is a learning organization and its employees are comprised of a community of life-long learners.
In this position, you will serve on a leadership team as an internal consultant to College managers to provide strategic and hands-on counsel and support on a broad range of long-term and day-to-day human resources and employee/labor relations matters, including those of significant complexity. You will act as a liaison between the HR Department and your assigned campus and/or department(s) to facilitate communication and to ensure the coordination of human resources functions.
This is one of five Business Partner (HR Representative) positions on a team of eight employee relations staff. While you will function independently as a business partner with the departments you serve, you are also part of a highly collaborative and supportive team.
• In your Cover Letter, please describe specifically how you meets each of the Minimum Qualifications and Success Criteria which are stated below
• During the application process, you will be asked to respond to two supplemental questions from the screening committee
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/management-jobs/hr-rep/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
• Demonstrated success in supporting employee relations activities in a unionized environment, including negotiating and settling employment disputes
• Demonstrated understanding of the value of diversity, equity and inclusion, and can show the impact of this understanding on their professional work; demonstrated ability to address equity and inclusion as a priority in employee relations
• Demonstrated ability to exercise persuasion and influence in complex and sensitive situations within all levels of the organization to affect decisions and outcomes that align with best practices
• Demonstrated success or ability to work effectively in a large, complex organization
• Experience which demonstrates a broad knowledge of public sector labor laws, and of state and federal employment laws (such as FMLA, OFLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, TIX, PECBA and USERRA)
• Demonstrated ability to provide clear and accurate information on complex subjects including contract interpretation, policy and procedure and legal matters
• Ability to analyze, extrapolate and apply principles, practices and processes to varying situations
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field (Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.)
• Five years of recent professional human resources experience at the senior level, which includes broad generalist experience in the development and delivery of comprehensive Human Resources services
• Two years of experience conducting employee and labor (Union) relations activities
Position Grade: K
Starting Salary Expectations
Minimum $67,189 to range mid-point of $82,307. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Position Grade Salary Range
$67189 to $97423 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. After one year of management or confidential service, PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management and confidential personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
• 14.67 hours of vacation leave per month
• 1 day of sick leave per month
• 11 holidays
• 3 additional personal leave days per year
View a complete list of PCC benefits: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
• Veterans: DD214
• Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/t7cdg6z2jktbyjkx