|Position Description:||Director Human Resources Information Systems |
Vacancy #: 900514
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Director, Human Resources Information Systems will function as a member of the HR leadership team, reporting to and collaborating with the Assistant Vice Chancellor for HR, Operations in driving, leading, and executing key HR initiatives that will vary in scope from those with department-only impacts to those that are broad-based and have university-wide implications. The Director will support continuous process improvement, implement technology and business process best-practices, and act as the primary conduit between the teams within Human Resources that administer the department’s core functions and other stakeholders on campus such as Information Technology and Computing Services, where the teams that maintain the technical infrastructure and systems that support those functions reside organizationally. The Director oversees a team of 7 professional staff that, among many other duties, manage the regular processing of personnel transactions and benefit remittances, provide support for the University’s core HR Information Systems (Banner, Kronos, PeopleAdmin, & Cornerstone), and produce data and informational reports for use in decision-making by ECU’s administration.
The Director’s specific responsibilities include:
• Providing leadership, supervision, management support, and direction necessary to ensure that the highest ethical standards are maintained, confidentiality is properly enforced, employees are adequately trained for job responsibilities, and appropriate levels of employee morale, unity, and harmony exist within the work unit;
• Establishing appropriate goals for the work unit and staff that enable achievement of the University’s and HR’s strategic objectives and ensure consistent delivery of the highest customer service outcomes.
• Managing staff responsible for creating HR reports, performing data analysis, and the monthly HR Data Mart submission to UNC System Office, including measuring progress, evaluating performance, and mentoring.
• Managing staff responsible for the regular processing of personnel transactions and benefit remittances, system configuration adjustments, HR systems security, and employment verifications, including measuring progress, evaluating performance, and mentoring.
• Serving as the lead on special, on-going, and regular-frequency projects including, but not limited to, the implementation and/or overhaul of HR systems, annual legislative increase and/or Annual Raise Process (ARP) procedures, annual open enrollment procedures, and the ongoing socialization of the Kronos timekeeping system.
• Serving on, chairing, and/or ensuring appropriate HR representation on cross-functional committees that have HR-systems impacts, including, but not limited to, the Kronos Change Management Committee, the Banner Change Management Committee, the Identity Theft Protection Committee, and the University’s Data Stewardship Committee.
• Chairing a yet-to-be-created monthly meeting between ITCS, Payroll, Systems Coordination, and HR that will serve as a regular opportunity to discuss issues and share information related to HR and any related systems.
• Developing effective relationships within and outside of the University to achieve HR goals and advance the University’s strategic objectives. Establish standards and evaluate results to ensure that the unit works cooperatively with other units within Human Resources and across the University.
• Providing timely, accurate and sensitive communication to internal and external audiences;
• Pursuing opportunities to educate the various constituencies of the university regarding best practices and effective problem-solving;
• Developing effective working relationships between the Department of Human Resources and other units of the university;
• Providing leadership in the planning and execution of activities as they relate to developing and sustaining a high-performance work culture;
• Representing the HR Department on workforce management information system issues with a variety of constituent audiences as needed/requested;
• Serving as the functional owner of the Banner HR module and a project lead for ECU’s workforce systems implementation; ensuring proper security measures are implemented and maintained for all workforce-related information systems (Banner; PeopleAdmin; Kronos, Cornerstone, etc.)
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of systems, including serving as the functional resource for technical staff and the technical resource for functional staff;
• Managing staff responsible for testing systems, investigating and resolving system problems and defects, and ensuring appropriate user training, including measuring progress, evaluating performance, and mentoring.
• Managing staff responsible for evaluating, managing, and implementing all HR systems releases and patches to keep the tools function ally effective and operationally efficient;
• Administering Federal, State and University rules, regulations and policies such that the work unit and the Department of Human Resources maintain compliance as required by law, statutory requirement, and standards of professional practice;
• Pursuing and actively engaging in professional development opportunities that ensure current knowledge in all areas of responsibility and to advance the work unit through the consideration and potential implementation of creative and innovative HR programmatic alternatives.
• Operate independently coupled with the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and confidentiality of sensitive information;
• Performing other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of workforce information technology is required
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
• Expert level experience working with HR information systems.
• Experience with Banner HR
• Demonstrated professional expertise in developing technology solutions that support and facilitate business operations.
• Possesses critical leadership qualities that include but are not limited to: setting high standards of behavior, performance, quality, credibility, and integrity; the ability to communicate complex and technical issues in a clear and easy-to-understand manner; exhibiting judgement and business acumen that is sound and pragmatic; and the ability to generate buy-in from stakeholders that often possess different interests.
• Human Resources experience in higher education and/or the public sector. University experience working at a system institution in North Carolina and/or comprehensive knowledge of UNC System policies and OSHR regulations is highly desirable.
• Experience with payroll and benefits processing procedures and best practices. Such experience in a higher education and/or a public sector setting is preferred.
• A strong sense of urgency, a high degree of initiative, and the ability to lead and participate in cross-functional teams; displays a strong problem-solving orientation and acts, when necessary, as a change agent to achieve goals.
• Strong working knowledge of ERP systems (Banner HR preferred), their design, and reporting therefrom via SQL, Tool for Oracle Application Developers (TOAD), and the Microsoft suite of reporting software (or similar report development tools).
• Possesses a solutions-focused mindset and a results-driven leadership orientation.
• Exceptional project and change management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references with contact information.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #900514 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/33835
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f52b3rj7t7fmjmg4