|Position Description:||Vacancy #: 900527|
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The Department of Human Resources serves the ECU community through innovation and action in the development and management of the University's human resources. The staff works to support the mission of the University with an overarching commitment to outstanding customer service and accountability. The department consists of seven units that oversee the entire human resources function to include administration, benefits, classification and compensation, employee relations, employment, human resources information systems, and learning and organizational development. Personnel matters are governed by state statutes, Office of State Human Resources (OSHR) Manual, the UNC Policy Manual, and The Code of the University of North Carolina, and most processes and actions are prescribed by these governing documents. Human Resources plays a critical role in ensuring ECU is accountable and compliant in terms of Federal, State, OSHR, and UNC System human resources practices.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Talent Management will function as one of the senior leaders reporting to and collaborating with the Associate Vice Chancellor for HR in driving, leading, and executing key HR strategic initiatives that are broad based with university wide impact. This individual will be responsible for providing leadership oversight for the following HR functional areas, ensuring alignment with the University's vision, mission, and strategic goals: Classification & Compensation, Employment, Employee Relations, and Learning & Organizational Development.
In this senior leadership role, the Assistant Vice Chancellor will proactively serve as a cultural architect that implements change management and continuous improvement initiatives to adapt to HR's new institutional model. The position is responsible for addressing the current and anticipated future talent development and talent management needs of the university and ensuring alignment with the University's strategic goals.
This position will promote and facilitate a thorough understanding of HR classification and compensation including federal and state regulations, UNC system policies and OSHR regulations, as well as industry best practices and market trends. The position will also provide oversight of an inventory of all EHRA Non-Faculty positions as approved either through local delegation or by the UNC System Office as well as provide oversight and coordination regarding HR classification operations as they relate to the review of position descriptions.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor will provide oversight for employment services by helping to manage an effective system for recruiting and retaining high quality talent through the administration of recruitment policies and processes, including federal and state regulations, UNC system policies and OSHR regulations, as well as industry best practices and market trends to promote HR's strategic objectives, and ensure consistent delivery of the highest customer outcomes.
The position will ensure the optimization of the employee relations function with the design and implementation of best practices for investigation practices, case management, stakeholder engagement, reporting and analytics of employee relations cases and trends to improve employee and stakeholder experiences. Additionally, the position will develop the employee relations function to incorporate a proactive outreach, coaching, and solutions-oriented strategies to aid managers and supervisors in enhancing levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor will ensure the development and implementation of a comprehensive leading edge and innovative Learning & Organizational Development training plan for ECU employees, as well as promote and support university efforts to accomplish diversity and inclusion initiatives that attract and retain a diverse and talented workforce at all levels in the university.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor will serve as a primary liaison between UNC System Office and ECU in matters relating to EHRA personnel issues including, but not limited to: the development and/or revisions of EHRA policies, the dissemination and interpretation of EHRA policies. In addition, this individual will support the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department, including supervising assigned direct reports and advising/supporting the functional unit directors of the department in the completion of their daily activities as needed.
The Assistant Vice Chancellor will facilitate the work of and chair the University's EHRA Personnel Policy Committee, facilitate the work of the EHRA Non-Faculty Review Committee, and oversee the Review Process and Procedure for EHRA Non-Faculty Employees. The Assistant Vice Chancellor will also serve as a member of the UNC System Office HR Council, as well as other committees, special projects and initiatives, as assigned.
Additional responsibilities of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Talent Management include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with and serve as a consultative and advisor to department heads, deans, campus leaders, and university administrators to promote an engaged HR culture with campus constituents related to University-wide HR Talent Management initiatives.
• Provide oversight for on-going training and consultation responsibilities as they relate to ECU's Plan for Management Flexibility to Appoint and Fix Compensation
• Review and monitor ECU's Plan for Management Flexibility to Appoint and Fix Compensation and delegation of authority matrix; make recommendations for revisions and updates to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Chancellor, and Executive Council, as necessary.
An advanced degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of five years of experience; or a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of seven years of experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
• Human Resources experience in higher education and/or the public sector.
• University experience working at a system institution in North Carolina is highly desirable, and/or comprehensive knowledge of UNC System policies and OSHR regulations etc.
• Exceptionally strong experience in one of the functional areas reporting to the position.
• In-depth experience and thorough knowledge in the field of human resources and/or specific functional areas outlined in this position description combined with a broad-based knowledge and experience in other HR components of the organization.
• Possess a solutions focused mindset and a results driven leadership orientation.
• Proven success in developing organizational cultures that foster a culture of accountability, collaboration and organizational excellence.
• Proven ability to build collaborative partnerships with leaders and campus constituents internal and external to HR.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to attract, motivate, coach, and develop a high performing work team and foster a positive diverse and inclusive work/life environment for ECU employees.
• Superior project and change management skills and written and verbal communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit a candidate profile, resume, letter of interest, and a list of three references including contact information online.
*Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #900527 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/33725
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pzgqmsbxyscgnr7j