|Position Description:||Assistant Director for Benefits and Compensation|
Office of Human Resources
The Williams College Office of Human Resources seeks an energetic, collaborative, and process oriented professional to serve as a key member of the department's management team. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Assistant Director for Benefits and Compensation provides strategic leadership for and management of employee benefits and wellness initiatives for approximately 1,200 faculty, staff, and retirees. The Assistant Director will also have the opportunity to lead a review of the existing compensation structure, influencing the design and development of a structure that will support the dynamic needs of our staff.
This is a highly collaborative role that aims to distill complex concepts, analyze trends, and present materials in a relevant manner for planning purposes as they relate to open enrollment, the Benefits Committee, Wellness Committee, and the Retirement Governance Committee. Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with supporting a diverse employee community including advocating for inclusive benefits.
Responsibilities include design and administration of self-funded health and dental plans, reviewing and analyzing claims data, managing broker and vendor relationships, regulatory compliance and reporting, employee counseling, and implementation of new initiatives. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with a thorough understanding of relevant laws, compliance, and reporting like the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the Mass Paid Leave Act.
Responsibilities include but are not limited:
• Supervise the Benefits Specialist including coaching and ongoing professional development
• Design and administration of self-funded health and dental plans,
• Educate and inform participants through one of one meetings, update to date web content, open enrollment materials, presentations, and other various forms of communication
• Review claims and other cost drivers regularly anticipating the impact on setting employee premium
• Maintain effective broker and vendor relationships
• Collaborate with Payroll Systems Manager, Budget Director, and HRIS Manager on quarterly analysis of budget; review details with HR Director and VP for Finance and Administration
• Responsible for leave administration and Worker's Compensation claims programs
• Budget and oversee the administration of the tuition grant program
• Maintain up to date knowledge of federal and state regulations involving employee benefits including FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, and 403(b) as they apply to the college's benefits
• Maintain a thorough understanding of compensation trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws, bringing process and best practice to the college
• Conduct regular audits and reviews of processes, documents, tools, and workflows to ensure data quality, process effectiveness, and compliance with program and regulatory requirements
• Possess in-depth knowledge of College's policies, particularly related to the benefits
• Coordinate audits and compliance activities including non-discrimination testing, Form 5500 filing, and Summary Annual Reports, and annual FAS112 reporting the Controller's Office
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of wellness plan related regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all related federal and state laws
It's a lot to do – but it's also a great opportunity to collaborate and to be seen as the go to expert in your field.
For optimal consideration please submit resume materials by January 31, 2020. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
For the detailed job posting and/or to apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with easy access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The college is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff, and curriculum. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rp4658rb44qmwjhc