|Position Description:||Bucknell University is looking for a second HR Generalist to join our team. We seek a dynamic, consultative, solutions-oriented HR professional eager to support the full engagement of the Bucknell Community. Successful candidates will have the ability to analyze each situation on its own merits and evaluate it against institutional priorities and HR/Bucknell best practices to arrive at solutions that support the important teaching and research mission of the University. We are looking for an HR Generalist who is principled, resilient, and innovative who can work in a fast-paced environment reliant on deep HR knowledge, emotional intelligence and influencing skills rather than on formulaic thinking and rigid processes. If characteristics like dynamic, flexible, creative, adaptable, problem-solver, critical thinker, effective communicator and presenter describe you, we'd like to hear from you.|
The HR Generalist is responsible for meeting a variety of human resources and learning/organizational development needs of the Bucknell Community. Working primarily with staff, the position also supports faculty as appropriate. This role will deliver HR solutions in a number of broad areas including Learning and Organizational Development; Employee Relations; Policy Development; Performance Management; Training Design, Development, Delivery and Evaluation; Orientation; Leadership Development; Recognition; Complicated Leaves of Absence, and may assist in other functions as requested to fully support the human resources division at Bucknell. As a member of a cross-functional team, reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Generalist will partner with other members of the HR services team, and work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff to implement HR policies, practices and procedures and to actively contribute to Bucknell's efforts to foster an inclusive, diverse campus community. Human Resources supports the University's strategic plan to “…further distinguish itself among its peers and aspirant institutions and ensure a sustainable, vibrant future…” This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt position.
Learning and Organizational Development
• Provide organizational development consulting to department/division leaders including engaging in conversations to conduct comprehensive staffing reviews to assist with re-org strategies, staffing goals, learning needs, etc.
• Provide solutions for the strategic learning and organizational development needs of divisions/departments in a manner that supports all phases of an employee's lifecycle (new and existing staff, new supervisors, managers and leaders, front line staff, those further in their career, etc.).
• Provide advice, guidance and decisions on HR matters to managers and staff.
• Identify and analyze employee relations situations and recommend appropriate employment action to maintain a productive work environment.
• Conduct timely and thorough investigations around employee behavior, performance, conduct and other work place issues in a manner that supports and balances the needs of individual employees and supervisors while protecting the business needs of the university.
• Evaluate or prepare summary or detailed reports following investigations and recommend appropriate employment action to maintain a productive, safe, compliant and healthy work environment.
• Advise managers on coaching strategies or progressive discipline options, maintaining compliance with University policies, procedures and applicable regulatory requirements. highlighting the legal requirements and ramifications, and adjudicate complex employee relations (ER) issues.
• Manage disciplinary actions within departments/divisions to ensure the consistent, uniform and fair application of University policies and procedures.
• Manage risk by ensuring employment actions are in compliance with local, state and federal employment requirements.
• A bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of directly related HR generalist experience (e.g. training and organizational development, instructional design, employee relations, performance management, leave administration etc.). Or in lieu of education, at least 7 years of directly related HR generalist experience.
• Previous experience assisting with employee relations investigations, action and follow-up.
• Knowledge of FMLA/ADA compliance.
• Experience writing, communicating and administering policies and procedures.
• Training and/or organizational development experience.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups and facilitate discussion.
• Technical proficiency in relevant applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), HRIS or other systems to effectively gather, interpret, organize, and present data and information.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and critical thinking skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and administer broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, coaching and counseling managers and employees on policies and procedures.
• Ability to collaborate, influence and command the respect and confidence of campus partners and have the capacity to deal with a wide range of relationships and situations.
• Strong organizational skills; evidence of self-motivation; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and work both independently and in teams within a service-oriented organization.
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing the need for quality with meeting deadlines.
• HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
• Experience in higher education or a service-oriented organization
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 13 Jan 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/bbz9h8cygf9wd3j4