|Position Description:||HR Compensation Administrator|
Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources the position serves as a strategic business partner facilitating the development, implementation and maintenance of the University's compensation programs and salary practices. It will serve in a leadership role for initiatives that cross three campuses.
1. Serves as part of the HR management team in developing and implementing policy, process, structure, and guidelines for salary administration.
2. Researches emerging compensation trends and recommends strategies to meet the challenges in maintaining the compensation philosophy of the University.
3. Monitors and analyzes the market competitiveness of the University’s staff compensation program.
4. Advices, counsels and provides support to University departments/units in compensation matters including creative solutions to compensation problems and issues.
5. Takes a lead role in annual salary planning process, reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices. Prepares reports, market data and other supporting analyses for the annual staff compensation proposal to the Vice President of Business and Finance.
6. Evaluates and identifies reputable sources of compensation data and manages compensation surveys participation.
7. Manages job evaluation, job description development process, benchmarking, market pricing, classification, salary adjustments, hiring range, and conducts compensation analysis to support compensation recommendations.
8. Applies knowledge of local, state, federal laws and employment trends that may affect compensation programs, practices, and policies.
9. Responsible for job structure management and integrity of compensation systems and data.
10. Mentors HR staff with compensation responsibilities, recommends standards for compensation data entry and other compensation aspects in HRIS to make efficient use of reporting and supports other human resources functional areas.
11. Serves as part of leadership team to create and cement positive relations between three campuses.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Three (3) years of compensation experience.
• Two (2) years progressively responsibility in compensation role.
• Extensive understanding of compensation related principles.
• Strong familiarity with job analysis and position classification.
•Professional certification in Human Resources.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work at all levels of management.
• Strong ability to consult stakeholders regarding equity, salary setting and position description development.
• Advanced knowledge of compensation and other human resources business principles. practices and procedures.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent innovative, analytical and diagnostic skills and practical thinker.
• Extensive Excel skills in manipulating large spreadsheet and managing data.
• Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to partner with internal constituents to ensure proper buy-in for changes and enhancements.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and plan work to meet deadlines, strong attention to detail.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extended periods of sitting, keying on computer with repetitive hand/wrist motion, and occasional phone use. Occasional to infrequent standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching above shoulders. May be requested to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in typical office environment with the use of computer, phone and office equipment. Duties performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel off campus for meetings or workshops.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1771149
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.