Director of Human Resources Business Services
Montgomery College, located just north of Washington, D.C. in Maryland, seeks a dynamic and innovative leader for the position Director of Human Resources (HR) Business Services, in the department of Human Resources Strategic and Talent Management. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, with additional hours as needed. This is an exempt, non-bargaining, grade 39 Administrator Position.
The director of HR Business Services provides transformational leadership and supervision to the programs and services within the Business Services unit within the Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management (HRSTM) and serves as an active member and contributor to the HRSTM leadership team in advancing the strategic direction, the delivery of services, and the work of the unit.
This administrator oversees and ensures effective operations for the functional areas of: Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Data and Records Management, Benefits and Retirement Services, Payroll Services, and HR Communications.
• Master’s degree in management, administration, human resources or a related field.
• Seven years of experience in human resources, including three years of progressively responsible managerial experience, or equivalent administrative experience.
• Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures, operations, functions and services and principles, practices, methods, and techniques of a human resources.
• HR Management certification such as SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in human resources, including expertise in key areas such as benefits, retirement, communications, payroll, HRIS and data management.
• Experience in a higher education or public sector environment.
• Knowledge of cloud based technology, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Additional Job Requirement:
Applications should consist of a resume/curriculum vitae and a cover letter addressing the qualifications and desired attributes listed above and in the position description.
For more details, please visit our website.