|Position Description:||UC San Diego|
Director of Staff Learning and Development
Filing Deadline: Mon 2/10/2020, thereafter Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000/year
UC San Diego Human Resources is searching for a strategic and innovative leader to serve as the Director of Staff Learning and Development. Reporting to the CHRO and serving on the HR leadership team as an influential leader building synergies across the HR portfolio, the Director will deliver forward-thinking learning and development programs to attract, develop and retain exceptional talent. This leader will join our organization at a critical time as we build from a position of considerable strength to become an even more strategic and agile partner to our campus stakeholders.
The Human Resources Staff Learning and Development division is responsible for Learning and Development, Organizational Development, and Learning Technologies. This position will provide strategic leadership on complex organizational development consulting services, instructor-led and e-learning programs, instructor support, enrollment management, development and coordination of major professional development programs and processes for UC San Diego staff. The Director of Staff Learning and Development serves as a chief advisor to the CHRO on learning and development related matters, acts as a liaison with Office of the President in system-wide discussions and decisions regarding learning and development initiatives and participates in the UC system wide Talent Management and Training Consortium. Staff Learning and Development supports two training facilities, instructor led classes, e-learning, thousands of course enrollments and compliance training reporting.
This forward-thinking leader will provide vision, creativity, and innovation for a team of experienced professionals including specialists in instructional design, navigating change, organizational development, leadership and management development, e-course and web based design, and UC Learning Center administration.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of organization wide learning and development programs, workforce development issues and trends, and a track record of serving as a strategic advisor able to conceptualize strategies, lead action plans, remove barriers and enable execution of institutional goals.
This position is designated as confidential under HEERA.
• Thorough knowledge of organizational learning and development programs, institutional objectives, goals and strategies in order to ensure workforce development programs are appropriately aligned.
• Excellent program administration and project management expertise. Demonstrated skill in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating campus-wide initiatives, curricula and programs ranging in complexity, innovation and comprehensiveness.
• A track record of managing a diverse and high-performing team and demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated knowledge of functions, features and potential applications of e-learning and web-based learning and of course-authoring software for developing e-learning and the ability to direct the development and implementation of learning technologies.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain professional relationships with department managers as well as other managers in the field.
• Excellent analytical, presentation and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated skills in conducting need assessments; including program design, delivery and evaluation.
• Ability to manage a learning and development function, including a strong demonstrated skill in leading and supervising professional staff and in creating a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrated track record in moving ideas and models through implementation.
• Understanding of how learning and development practices fit into and support the overall employee experience, business needs and compliance requirements of a complex research university.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent
• Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full benefits first day of hire:
a) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
b) Vacation/holidays (18 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year).
c) Work/Life Balance.
d) UC Retirement Plan.
For more information about UCSD Benefits please visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and UCSD Work/Life visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/quality-index/index.html.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html