|Position Description:||The HR Benefits Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the group benefits programs. Ensures effective use of the plans and makes certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations, and that plan provisions are followed. Perform administrative and operational services in support of the Human Resources Department.|
• Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health plans, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, disability, life insurance, 403 (b) and 457 (b); including new enrollments, benefit changes and terminations.
• Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Coordinate FMLA, LOA, Worker’s comp, and COBRA processing.
• Reconcile benefits statements and prepare vouchers for payment of each insurance carrier.
• Work with HR director to facilitate cost containment process.
• Manage and distribute materials for open enrollment. Provide for training and support for staff in all shifts.
• Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
• Research employee benefits to identify those that present the best value.
• Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the college’s benefit package, including wellness program.
• Organize and maintain employee files, including I-9 forms, and payroll information used for accurate database records.
• Manage time management system for paid time off.
• Ensure benefit information is updated on portal.
• Conduct new employee orientation.
• Assist with contract administration
• Prepare correspondence and reports as needed, (welcome letters, monthly out of state travel reports, etc.)
• Assist with background checks and pre-employment screenings
• Support all events hosted by the office of Human Resources.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources or related field. Two or more years of HR experience with a focus on employee benefits. Proficient in MS office, including PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with benefits databases. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Understanding of data recording and analysis. Ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality. Knowledge of benefits contract language and all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements. Adaptable to fast-paced and quickly changing environment and work priorities. Able to interact well with students, faculty and staff in a multicultural environment.
To apply: http://careers.morton.edu/postings/1612
|About Employer:||Morton College, the second oldest community college in Illinois, was founded in 1924 to meet the educational demands in the growing communities of Berwyn, Cicero, Forest View, Lyons, McCook, Stickney and other near western suburbs which were a national hub of economic activity. As a comprehensive community college, recognized by the Illinois Community College Board, Morton College's mission is: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life long learning. |