|Position Description:||Benefits Administrator|
The George Mason University, Human Resources and Payroll department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Benefits Administrator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
• Administering employee benefit programs including group health, dental, life, disability and other programs offered to George Mason University’s faculty and staff;
• Conducting benefits orientation for both faculty and staff when needed;
• Communicating and processing employee retirements, for both faculty and staff;
• Participating in outreach educational programs;
• Advising department managers and employees on FMLA, VSDP eligibility;
• Coordinating all FMLA and VSDP actions between employees and departments and the impact to the employee’s benefits;
• Coordinating and processing Leave Management Actions, including Leave with Pay and Leave Without Pay;
• Preparing payroll adjustments as needed which may include research and calculation.
• Working knowledge of employee benefits administration and programs;
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to quality customer service a must;
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
• Ability to handle confidential personal situations with empathy and professionalism;
• Knowledge of plan documents and administrative procedures to ensure compliance within federal and state regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR related field strongly preferred, or equivalent experience;
• Progressive experience in benefits administration in large organizational setting such as higher education is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01294z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.