|Position Description:||Compensation Analyst|
The George Mason University, Human Resources and Payroll Department has an exciting opportunity for a Compensation Analyst. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
• Administration of the classification and compensation programs by providing day-to-day advice and support to HR staff and university managers and employees;
• Develop job descriptions, conduct job evaluations, participate in compensation surveys and pricing analyses, help facilitate the performance evaluation process and support day-to-day salary action activities;
• Evaluate and analyze internal and external salary data for classified, faculty and wage positions;
• Assist in the development and administration of the compensation plan, policies, and procedures;
• Facilitate new position creation process, working closely with the Budget Office;
• Respond to external salary surveys and take a lead role in developing customized salary surveys. Compile internal and external salary data for salary surveys and university management to support salary increase decisions;
• Provide comparative analysis of positions across the university;
• Manipulate complex data and compile meaningful metrics that may include, monthly workforce census and demographics, CUPA/other compensation reports, temporary pay and bonus reporting, review payroll discrepancy reports, and any other ad hoc reports as requested;
• Collaborate with the Budget Office and HRIS staff to improve reporting accuracy and capabilities;
• Assist with the annual performance evaluation process for employees, including those using the online performance management system;
• Participate in bonus or general salary increase process when increases are authorized by the General Assembly or university. Collaborate with HRIS, Payroll, and Budget Office to upload new pay ranges, pay rates and new salaries or bonus amounts;
• Participate in testing of HRIS system upgrades and fiscal year end roll;
• Ensure updates to the Classification and Compensation page of the HR/Payroll website are completed. Update policies, procedures and other records of the compensation program;
• Promote a cohesive team environment within Classification and Compensation to ensure team members are well informed of current happenings impacting the work of the team;
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Fully proficient in Excel, Access and Word, HRIS software and reporting tools;
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and work on multiple tasks and duties;
• Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally;
• Ability to analyze data, and work comfortably with spreadsheets and relational databases;
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive and confidential issues;
• Knowledge of the legal environment surrounding compensation including FLSA, leave policies, equal pay, ACA, etc.
• Experience with report writing software, MicroStrategy;
• Progressive HR experience in a university or large public employer.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02989z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.