|Position Description:||JOB SUMMARY|
The Office of Human Resources (HR) is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to be part of the HR Leadership and Effectiveness Team. The HR Business Partner will support leaders and employees in all phases of the employee lifecycle. As a strategic partner, the HR Business Partner will work with leaders to align employees and managers with unit objectives and serve as a consultant to management on human resources related issues. The Business Partner will be expected to formulate partnerships with administrators on a broad range of complex professional and technical services related to workforce planning, human resource policy and management and other related human resource functions. This role is designed to assess and anticipate HR–related needs with all levels of managers and supervisors as well as provide creative, resourceful solutions for a variety of personnel-related matters, and to ensure compliance and maintain accountability with relevant rules and regulations while pursuing flexibility, efficiency and fairness in workforce management. The HR Business Partner will also be responsible for interpreting and administering collective bargaining agreements as appropriate; guiding managers in the resolution of day-to-day and complex employee relations issues; and identifying training needs for functional business areas and opportunities for individual manager coaching.
Other duties include working closely with management and employees to improve relationships, build morale and increase productivity; coaching and guiding leaders on HR efforts including talent development, diversity and inclusion, and organizational effectiveness; recommending and influencing positive changes and developing educational programs for managers; supporting leaders in their efforts to document and address performance issues; and coaching leaders on employee engagement strategies.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years’ demonstrated professional human resources experience.
2. At least two (2) years’ experience in one (1) of the following areas: a) organizational assessment; b) performance management and goal setting; c) talent management and succession planning; d) HR policy compliance.
3. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to independently evaluate and research options for resolution.
4. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate disagreeable information and prepare organized reports with evidence based findings and solutions.
5. Experience fostering collaboration among stakeholders and team members, working effectively with diverse populations and demonstrated success integrating cultural perspectives into business solutions.
6. Must be an independent performer and be able to effectively adapt to changing conditions.
7. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
8. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive personnel and organizational information.
1. Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Public Administration.
2. Certification from Society for Human Resources Management as a Senior Certified Professional (SCP) or Certified Professional (CP).
3. Experience in a collective bargaining environment.
4. Experience in a public institution of higher education or in a state agency administering human resources programs.
5. Demonstrated experience working with high-level leaders.
This is a full time position.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494395 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on April 30, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
|About Employer:||The University of Connecticut is a national leader among public research universities, with more than 32,000 students seeking answers to critical questions in classrooms, labs, and the community. A culture of innovation drives this pursuit of knowledge throughout the University’s network of campuses. Connecticut’s commitment to higher education helps UConn attract students who thrive in the most competitive environments, as well as globally renowned faculty members. Our school pride is fueled by a history of success that has made us a standout in Division I athletics. UConn fosters a diverse and vibrant culture that meets the needs and seizes the opportunities of a dynamic global society.|